Projects for Happiness 2019 Presentation Day at Kota Kinabalu
|Date:||27 Feb 2019|
|Time:||1.00 pm 4.30 pm|
|Location:||University Malaysia Sabah|
The Projects for Happiness started from Kuala Lumpur and Selangor five years ago and expanded to Johor and the East Coast in 2017. This year, it has expanded to Sabah and Sarawak in East Malaysia.
The objectives of Projects for Happiness are:
1. To instil the seeds of goodness in the hearts of young people. Hoping that they would be encouranged to care for and assist underpriviledged groups and participate in social activities, in order to achieve a sustainable impact on the community and build a better society.
2. To cultivate the concept of "giving back to the society" among young people, by developing teh sense of responsibility, communication skills, planning and execution, problem solving, leadership and nurture an excellent citizen of the country.
There were six projects completed by University Malaysia Sabah's undergraduate studnets, and one project completed by University Malaysia Sarawak.
1. Filtration of rooftop rainwatere harvest, kg Tagasan Jaya, Semporna, Sabah
2. Project Hope
3. No more cloudy water
4. No plastic straw campus
5. Alcohol awareness skit competition, Tambunan
6. Biosand filter, Kg Singgaron, Ranau.
7. Khidmat komuniti 1.0
The event graced by Prof. Dr. Coswald Sipaut (Director of Centre for Industry and Community Network), Associate Prof. Dr. Sivakumar Kumaresan (Deputy Director), Mr. Cheng Ping Keat (Chairman of KSF), Mr. Razak Aziz (PFH judge), and Mr. Michael Lim (PFH judge)
Congratulation to "Biosand filter" project being nominated as "Project of the Year, East Malaysia"